Future international students wishing to study in Untirta is highly suggested to apply for the temporary stay visa (commonly called VITAS). Details of the required documents are stated in the application letter used to apply to the intended university (Untirta). The procedure of applying the VITAS for international students to study in Indonesia is as follows. For international students who is still in their country and plan to enter Indonesia with the Limited Stay Visa (VITAS)-one year visa can follow the following procedure:
- With study permit from Foreign Affairs Bureau and Indonesian Education Department, the university proposes Limited Stay Visa (VITAS) for international students to Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia. The Limited Stay Visa (VITAS) requires the following supporting documents:
- 3 passport size photographs
- A copy of current passport
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- General Director of Immigration will issue the Limited Stay Visa (VITAS) to Indonesian embassy/consulate in their home country.
- the prospective International Students propose Limited Stay Visa (VITAS) to Indonesian embassy/consulate in their home country.
- Using Limited Stay Visa (VITAS), international students can enter Indonesia and go to the intended university..
- The university where international students study submits Limited Stay Visa (VITAS) and proposes License for Limited Stay (KITAS) to local Immigration office and a letter of Self Residing Report (SKLD) to the local Police Station.