Founded in 1952, CNU has remained committed to fostering global leaders and professionals. It is one of Korea’s most innovative universities with a reputation for its research, teaching and important role in local communities. Located in the Chonnam province, southwest of Korea, CNU encompasses 16 colleges and 11 graduate schools. With 2,200 academic staff members, it provides comprehensive services to 35,000 students including 1,200 international students from 75 different counties in its strive to build a “World Class” University, meeting the “Global Standard” with an open campus and an administrative system.
- Accredited by AACSB: College of Business Administration (2012-Present) AACSB: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Accredited by ABBEK: College of Engineering (2013-Present) ABBEK: Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea
- Received IEQAS Accreditation from Ministry of Education in Korea (2012-Present) IEQAS: International Education Quality Assurance System
Scholarship “Global Korea Scholarship”
Global Korean Scholarship (GKS) is available for incoming exchange students.
- Eligibility: CNU exchange student with at least CGPA 85 out of 100
- Number of Students: 5-6 students every semester
- Round-trip Flight Ticket
- Settlement Support allowance: 200,000KRW
- Monthly allowance: 500,000KRW per month
- Health Insurance
- [Extra credits] Korean language proficiency(TOPIK)
- [Extra credits] Official foreign language proficiency score
e.g. DELE, DELF, ZD, TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, etc. (University test is not applicable)
- Application Procedure
- CNU Office of International Affairs will select up to 10 students among the incoming exchange program applicants by their CGPA descending order
- CNU Office of International Affairs will select 5-6 students based on the CGPA, TOPIK score, official foreign language score, and study plan among the 10 students.
CNU will send the list of selected students to the Ministry of Education and the accepted students will be informed via email.
Programs for Incoming Exchange Students
Free Korean Language Courses
Evening Korean language courses are offered by the CNU Language Education Center during the academic year for free of charge.
- Length of program: 10 weeks after a semester starts
- Class: Every Tuesdays and Thursdays 7PM-9PM (subject to change)
- Level of instruction offered: all levels
Adjusting to a new cultural environment can be exciting but challenging at the same time. New international students at Chonnam National University often have a lot of questions and concerns during their first weeks on campus.
The International Buddy Program was created to ease the transition,
with current CNU students paired up to help new incoming exchange students
Incoming exchange students have a credit-earning internship opportunity while studying at CNU. Students are required to take one course (3 credit) at CNU to maintain their student visa and work for the semester.
- Credits: 12 credits for 4 month internship
- Eligibility: CNU exchange student with a high level of written and oral skills either in English or Korean
- Benefits: monthly stipend of 250,000KRW
- Application procedure:
- After receiving the official CNU exchange acceptance letter, send an email to Ms. Shinhye Kang at email@example.com with your name, nationality, home institution, and preferred employer
- Fill out the application form
- Skype interview with potential employer
- Final selection will be made by CNU and the employer by June 30th for the Fall semester and December 30th for the Spring
Accepted students are required to arrive in Korea a month earlier than the first day of school for internship orientation and mandatory Korean language & culture course. This one-month orientation is a non-credit program.
- Gwangju International Center http://eng.gic.or.kr/
- Gwangju Design Center http://www.gdc.or.kr/eng
- Gwangju Convention and Visitors Bureau http://www.gwangjucvb.or.kr/main/eindex.html
- Gwangju Techno Park http://www.gjtp.or.kr/eng/
Every semester a one-day tour will be arranged by the Office of International Affairs for incoming exchange students. This tour will allow exchange students to indulge in Korean cuisine, interact with the locals, and experience different aspects of our culture.
- Destinations: Suburban areas of Gwangju
(Suncheon, Jeonju, Wando, etc)
Open Registration on March, 29th to April, 17th 2017.
to join this program please register here Registration Form